About the Authors
- David Stuckler
- Department of Sociology, University of Cambridge, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- David Stuckler, Martin McKee, Sanjay Basu
- Department of Public Health and Policy, London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, London, United Kingdom
- David Stuckler, Shah Ebrahim
- South Asian Chronic Disease Network, Public Health Foundation of India, New Delhi, India
- Sanjay Basu
- Department of Medicine, University of California San Francisco, San Francisco, California, United States of America
- Sanjay Basu
- Division of General Internal Medicine, San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, California, United States of America
MM is a member of the Global Health Advisory Committee of the Open Society Institute and has served on advisory boards for Merck & Co (1999-2006) and Johnson & Johnson (2006-2009). He has received research funding from the Rockefeller Foundation and expenses from projects funded by the Gates Foundation to attend scientific meetings LSHTM receives funding from the Gates Foundation, and was the recipient of the 2009 Gates Award for Global Health. DS is a guest editor of the PLoS Medicine series on Big Food. All other authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Analyzed the data: DS SB SE MM. Wrote the first draft of the manuscript: DS. Contributed to the writing of the manuscript: DS MM SB SE. ICMJE criteria for authorship read and met: DS MM SB SE. Agree with manuscript results and conclusions: DS MM SB SE. All authors contributed to the interpretation of the data.