About the Authors
- Paul C. Sereno
- Department of Organismal Biology and Anatomy, University of Chicago, Chicago, Illinois, United States of America
- Jeffrey A. Wilson, John A. Whitlock
- Museum of Paleontology and Department of Geological Sciences, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, United States of America
- Lawrence M. Witmer
- Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Osteopathic Medicine, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, United States of America
- Abdoulaye Maga, Oumarou Ide
- Institute for Human Science, University of Niamey, Niamey, Republic of Niger
- Timothy A. Rowe
- Jackson School of Geological Sciences, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Involved in writing sections of the paper: PCS JAW-1 LMW JAW-2. Participants in discovering the fossil material: PCS JAW-1 AM OI. Involved in interpreting the fossil material: PCS JAW-1. Involved in CT-scanning, rendering from scans, and interpreting fossil material that was scanned: PCS LMW TAR. Conducted the microwear analysis: JAW-2. Conducted the phylogenetic analysis: JAW-1 JAW-2.