About the Authors
- Luca Fiorenza, Ottmar Kullmer, Friedemann Schrenk
- Department of Palaeoanthropology and Messel Research, Senckenberg Research Institute, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Luca Fiorenza
- Palaeoanthropology Department, Faculty of Arts and Science, University of New England, Armidale, Australia
- Stefano Benazzi
- Department of Anthropology, University of Vienna, Vienna, Austria
- Jeremy Tausch
- Department of Science, Borough of Manhattan Community College, New York, New York, United States of America
- Jeremy Tausch, Friedemann Schrenk
- Institute of Ecology, Evolution & Diversity, Johann Wolfgang Goethe University, Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Timothy G. Bromage
- Departments of Biomaterials and Biomimetics and Basic Science and Craniofacial Biology, New York University College of Dentistry, New York, New York, United States of America
The authors have declared that no competing interests exist.
Conceived and designed the experiments: OK. Performed the experiments: LF. Analyzed the data: LF. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: LF SB. Wrote the paper: LF. Discussed the results and contributed to the manuscript: JT TB FS.