About the Authors
- Asgeir S. Jakola, Sasha Gulati, Clemens Weber, Geirmund Unsgård, Ole Solheim
- Department of Neurosurgery, St.Olavs University Hospital, Trondheim, Norway
- Asgeir S. Jakola, Ole Solheim
- Medical Imaging Lab and Department of Circulation and Medical Imaging, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
- Asgeir S. Jakola, Geirmund Unsgård, Ole Solheim
- Department of Neuroscience, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
- Sasha Gulati
- Department of Laboratory Medicine, Children's and Women's Health, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Trondheim, Norway
Prof. Unsgård has approximatly 0.1% of the stocks in SonoWand, the company making the neuronavigation system. All operations were performed under general anesthesia. The SonoWand® neuronavigation system was available if requested by the surgeon and was used in 56 (91.8%) of the operations. There are no patents, products in development, or marketed products to declare. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors.
Conceived and designed the experiments: ASJ SG GU OS. Analyzed the data: ASJ SG CW OS. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: ASJ SG CW GU OS. Wrote the paper: ASJ SG CW GU OS.