About the Authors
- Sarah A. M. Goodier, Fenton P. D. Cotterill, Colleen O'Ryan
- Department of Molecular and Cell Biology, University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa
- Sarah A. M. Goodier, Fenton P. D. Cotterill, Maarten J. de Wit
- Africa Earth Observatory Network (AEON), University of Cape Town, Rondebosch, Cape Town, South Africa
- Paul H. Skelton
- South African Institute of Aquatic Biodiversity (SAIAB), Grahamstown, South Africa
- Maarten J. de Wit
- Africa Earth Observatory Network (AEON), Earth Stewardship Science, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, Port Elizabeth, South Africa
The authors have the following competing interests: The authors' are grateful for logistical support from Keith Clover of Tourette Fishing Safaris, Mike de Wit and colleagues of BRC-DiamondCore; Robin Hartle, and guides and staff at Nxamaseri, Guma and Drotsky's Camps; as well as the National Geographical Society and Ndola Fisheries. Shimano and Fred Tucker's are gratefully thanked for sponsorship of angling equipment. Part of this work was carried out by using the resources of the Computational Biology Service Unit from Cornell University which is partially funded by Microsoft Corporation. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials, as detailed online in the guide for authors.
Conceived and designed the experiments: FC SG CO. Performed the experiments: SG FC. Analyzed the data: SG FC. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: SG FC CO PS MDW. Wrote the paper: SG FC CO PS MDW.