About the Authors
- Matthijn C. Hesselman, Dorett I. Odoni, Brendan M. Ryback, Suzette de Groot, Ruben G. A. van Heck, Jaap Keijsers, Pim Kolkman, David Nieuwenhuijse, Youri M. van Nuland, Erik Sebus, Rob Spee, Hugo de Vries, Marten T. Wapenaar, Sebastiaan K. Spaans, Floor Hugenholtz, Mark W. J. van Passel
- Wageningen UR iGEM 2011 Team, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Colin J. Ingham
- MicroDish BV, Utrecht, The Netherlands
- Karin Schroën
- Food Process Engineering, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Vítor A. P. Martins dos Santos, Mark W. J. van Passel
- Systems and Synthetic Biology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Sebastiaan K. Spaans, Floor Hugenholtz
- Laboratory of Microbiology, Wageningen University, Wageningen, The Netherlands
- Floor Hugenholtz
- Netherlands Consortium for Systems Biology, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Wageningen UR iGEM team has received general sponsorship in kind from MicroDish BV (cultivation chips), Aquamarijn (microsieves), and Olympus (a 20x microscope objective). CJI is an employee of Microdish BV that manufactures culture chips based around porous aluminium oxide. However, the work reported in this paper is not part of the core business of the company. CJI is senior scientist in MicroDish. This does not alter the authors' adherence to all the PLoS ONE policies on sharing data and materials.
Conceived and designed the experiments: MCH DIO BMR FH MWJvP. Performed the experiments: MCH DIO BMR. Analyzed the data: MCH DIO BMR SdG RvH JK PK DN YvN ES RS HdV MTW KS CJI VAPMdS SKS FH MWJvP. Contributed reagents/materials/analysis tools: CJI KS. Wrote the paper: MCH DIO BMR SdG RvH JK PK DN YvN ES RS HdV MTW CJI KS VAPMdS SKS FH MWJvP.